Albion were employed by Rhondda Cynon Taf County Council to refurbish a disused nursery in Llantrisant into a new office area for the Staying Well at Work Department which is aimed at supporting local businesses.
The Staying Well@Work programme aims to support the health and well being of staff within small and medium sized businesses in Rhondda Cynon Taf.
They have a team of HR specialists, physiotherapists, occupational health nurses, counsellors and more who can help support businesses and their staff with a range of well being issues.
Their services are free and available to businesses in Rhondda Cynon Taf with less than 250 employees (subject to eligibility).
- Specialist HR support to develop or improve well being, equality and diversity policies and strategies.
- HR and Occupational health advice on managing complex health cases in the workplace.
- Training on managing mental health and well being in the workplace.
- Health surveillance programmes – such as audiometry and spirometry surveillance.
- Access to occupational health nurses for advice on the impact of work on health and health on work.
- Access to physiotherapists for advice and treatment in relation to a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Counselling and coaching, therapeutic support or one to one coaching for individuals experiencing a range of mental health conditions.
Albion were requested to create physio and nursing rooms within the office area and make each area private for the clients.
Works completed included:
- Strip out and demolition
- New front entrance and staff aluminium doors
- Partitioning and timber glazed screens
- Suspended ceilings
- Doors, ironmongery and signage
- New toilets and kitchens
- Vinyl and carpet flooring
- Mechanical and electrical fit out
Works took 12 weeks and came in on time and on budget.