Office lighting – maximising lighting in the workplace
The combination of different light sources – direct and indirect lighting in addition to a balance of day and artificial lighting is very important when considering lighting options for the workplace.
Offices with computer work stations would tend to have a very high level of indirect lighting to support non-glaring. On the other hand, direct lighting provides the essential shadiness for a good illumination. That is the reason why combining both illumination techniques is vital.
Office lighting checklist.
- Is there sufficient natural light at the workplace?
- Does the selected lighting correspond to the appropriate visual task?
- Is a balance of direct and indirect light guaranteed?
- Is there a need for optimisation in the use of energy saving lamps?
- Do you use a flicker- and glare-free lighting?
- If the light intensity in the room individually adjustable?
- Do you use pleasant and bright light colours (warm white, neutral white)?
- Do you avoid glare and distracting reflections?
If you would like to discuss your lighting requirements for your office refurbishment or office fit out please contact us today.